I’m not going to say steal someone else’s ideas, but I will say using them for inspiration is genius. And that’s what we’re doing with these seven great flash game menu screens. From clean simplicity to excellent tertiary animation these games have something special in the way they first present themselves. When you’re trying to influence someone to look at (and hopefully play) your game, first impressions are important. So use these guys as inspiration for some great splash screens.
The Last Stand 2
Boxhead The Zombie Wars
Stormwinds 2: The Lost Campaigns
Fancy Pants Adventure World 2
MasterMind World Conqueror
Portal Flash Game
Straw Hat Samurai
So the next game you make… you may want to consider the slick style of these games before you finalize your splash screen.
- Inspirational Game: Globetrotter XL
- Making a Complete Flash Game: Overview & Planning
- A Review: SWF & FLV Toolbox 4
- How to make Death vs. Monstars style explosions
- Contest – What can you do in 25 lines of ActionScript?